September 20, 2008

Donyale Luna x Playboy x Shoot by Luigi Cazzaniga, 1975



"I'm not a model," says Donyale. "I'm an artist. I do modeling and acting as part of my artistry; instead of a paintbrush and canvas, I use film. Most people who model are not artists - just models."



"I have many visions of myself when I go through photographic trips," Donyale has said. "I've gone through periods from Nerfertiti to Josephine Baker."



"There's a great division coming about on this planet. There are going to be a lot of people who will die because they just don't know how to live. They don't know what life's about, they don't know how to give, how to love - nor do they want to. And those who are beautiful enough - I don't mean physically but something beyond that - they will have the chance to learn how to fly, to be beautiful, to rise above the level of the normal human - to be superior beings first and eventually gods and goddesses. They are very few, because 99 percent don't want to listen; they are too busy. Then again, there are the children - maybe some of them will be the chosen ones. The others, they will die, through all ways, but they are already dying. I've come back not to help but to show America a different kind of beauty." 


No comments: